When it comes to ultimate productivity, Health Business Coach and industry blogger, Alison Morgan, knows that routine is the secret to success.
Routine is king when it comes to ultimate productivity. The difficulty I face is having to change my routine to fit in with evolving life commitments and change of work schedule when events and adhoc responsibilities pop up. Are you in the same boat?
It's all about being flexible with your approach, however having a core routine to return to and work around when needed. Below I uncover some overarching tips to help you stay balanced and in charge of your life and career, making the most from every day, and giving yourself the opportunity to feel a billion times better.
- Follow your intended course until you reach success (your version of success).
- If you're able to focus and not become distracted by shiny new ideas, achieving goals becomes simpler and quicker.
- Take the pressure off yourself and be excited about doing the small things correctly every single day... Chip away.... and overtime you will win.
- Stay on your own agenda, rather than being swayed by other people’s agendas.
- If achieving success takes longer than you thought it would, you're not alone. Most can relate - it's just that people don't talk about it much...
- Stick with your focused approach long enough and you'll see your hard work and determination pay off!
- Become productive in the right areas.
- Know your goals of what you’re wanting to achieve, then make sure you’re working in the right direction to achieve results.
- Without stopping to identify goals, a lot of time can be wasted. Frustration then sets in and before you know it – life isn’t as smooth or rewarding as you’d like!
- Setting aside 1hr to identify your goals can make a huge difference to creating your routine for ultimate productivity.
- Create and execute your plan of action in a timely manner.
- You should wake up in the morning and know exactly what needs to happen to set yourself up for a successful day.
- Your own formula to achieve this approach that works for you is fine. The key message is that you need to know what your day looks like before you get to the day. That way, you can also schedule in elements including fitness and a bit of downtime (even if that is only 5 minutes of downtime…!)
- Look back at the end of the day to see where you struggled so you can learn and move forward in the right direction.