Posted by Kitty Chao
What is self-care?
Self care is actions and attitudes that contribute to the maintenance of well-being and personal health. Learning to look after yourself can build self confidence and increase positivity. Do you currently practice self care?
We live in a society where everyone is on the go, everyone has a busy working week, you have important meetings, loads of paper work, your calendar is loaded with tasks and events. So how do you make room for these things? You overwork, cancel your yoga session, cut back on socialising and even skip meals. To keep up with this sort of lifestyle we don’t think twice about putting self-care on first, it's on the back burner, more often then not it takes a toll on our lives. Self-care is important for your physical, emotional and mental well-being.
Here are some ways to incorporate self-care:
- Log out and chill out – take an hour or two and log out of all social media and go for a walk, call a friend and have a chat
- Take yourself on a date – take yourself out for ice-cream or a coffee, and enjoy your own company
- Exercise – whether it be yoga or a walk in the park with a friend take
- Take a break when you need it
- Meditate or do deep breathing for 5 minutes
- Get enough sleep – allow a day to sleep in